Getting sod established quickly after it has been installed is extremely important. If you're planning on sodding your lawn or a portion of your lawn, knowing how to care for that sod after it has been installed is just as important as knowing how to install the sod itself. In the video below, you will find tips and strategies from Allyn on how to help care for the sod after it has been installed.
(For more details start at 7:00 in the video)
Allyn Recommends using the components of the [N-Ext] Bio-Stimulant Pack | Four Gallons:
- Applying RGS, before the sod is laid down (3 oz/1000 sq ft)
- Applying RGS after the sod is laid, after your first watering (3 oz/1000 sq ft)
- Keep your sod constantly damp (water as needed) for the first 7-10 days
- Apply Micro-nutrients in Micro-Greene (6 oz/1000 sq ft)
- After 15 days, you will want to start watering more deeply and less frequently
- After 30 days you should be able to water normally
- You can start fertilizing normally after this is established at this point with a Starter fertilizer granular.
Keywords: sod, sodding, watering, establish, tips